Cookies, I Love You
Cookies are the way to my heart on any day of the year... but especially on Valentine's Day! They're crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside, which makes for a perfect cookie in my opinion. What's great about them is that you can add your favorite nuts or seeds and also make them gluten free by using your preferred gluten free flour. Bring them to any party (or your secret admirer) and you'll win them over in seconds!
¼ cup of almond milk (unsweetened)
1 cup of light brown sugar
1 tablespoon on vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup of melted vegan butter
½ teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of salt (for garnish)
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
½ cup of coconut oil
Makes 12-15 cookies
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Mix the coconut oil, brown sugar, melted butter, almond milk and vanilla extract.
3. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in separate bowl.
4. Combine the wet ingredients to the dry and if you want to add any other mix-ins, here is your chance!
5. Roll the prepared cookie dough in tablespoon sized balls, or bigger if you want a giant, coffee shop sized cookie and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle each bookie with salt.
6. Bake the dough for 7- 10 minutes, depending on the strength of your oven. Keep a close eye on them because you don’t; want to over cook! When you take them out to cool, they will continue cooking for a few more seconds so really be careful with your timing.
7. Take them out when they’re just turning golden brown and place on cooling rack for at least 10 minutes.
8. Store in air- tight container and munch away with your Valentine’s Day sweetheart!
Adapted from: Daily Rebecca Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
by Eva Knezovic