The Guest Blog: Musings
On the eve of my 41st birthday, I find myself reflecting on how simple it would be to move from the chaos that seems to be sweeping the globe to perspective, peace, and purpose. Based solely on my own experience and observations, here are some reminders to help maintain clarity and meaning, especially in the moments that would ordinarily send us into a downward spiral.
1. Don’t let feelings of inadequacy steer you away from showing up in the world in the manner that you feel compelled to.
2. Support others.
3. Love, play, and work hard.
4. Do your best, as often as possible.
5. Fess-up to and own the moments where you fuck up, instead of passing blame onto others or trying to protect your image due to pride. These moments are essential to evolution and learning.
6. Your dreams, the words trying to work their ways through your voice and the urges that motivate you into the world are yours specifically. Pay attention to them and allow them to guide you forward. Trust they will bring you to where you are meant to go.
7. Your intuition is the voice of the energy that animates your body. Listen to it. It will never steer you wrong.
8. Rise up with as much light as you can summon to meet the darkness that presents itself.
9. Take accountability and responsibility for what you put out into the world. It will outlive, outlast, and represent you when you’re no longer here to do that for yourself.
10. Be kind to yourself. If you don’t know what that feels like, you won’t have any idea how to offer it over to others.
To read more of Bram's work, click here and here, or check out his book.