Celebrate The Midnight Sun
Experiencing the Clear Light of Mind
with ISHTA Senior teacher Sheila Miller
and Lama Phurbu Tashi Rinpoche of the Gampoga Center
Lofoten Islands, Norway
June 17–24, 2017
Click here to register.
The natural, unencumbered state of our minds is clarity. To alleviate suffering in ourselves and others, we cultivate the ability to see the world as it is. In Norway we will retreat from the usual patterns of our daily lives to encourage viveka, the clear perception of reality. In the light-filled, resplendent landscape of the Lofoten Islands, we will cultivate viveka through daily yoga practice, dharma talks and an engagement with the natural world.
We have rented a small villa in a tiny fishing village with immediate access to the beach, hiking, and outdoor space. We will be there at the height of summer, in time to experience the midnight sun.
Included in the retreat are:
• Two yoga classes each day taught by teacher Sheila Miller, a balanced and invigorating
morning practice and a slow-flow, restorative, or yin evening practice with yoga nidra
• Daily dharma talks and meditation practice by Lama Phurbu Tashi Rinpoche
• Seven nights lodging
• All meals (vegetarian*), communally prepared
• Optional hike and outdoor practice under the midnight sun on the summer solstice
• Outdoor recreation, including hiking, kayaking, swimming at the beach, fishing, visits to
local glaciers and waterfalls, and climbing
• Shuttle transportation from Svolvaer to the retreat site (restrictions apply)
Click here for more information and to register today.